Search this blog!

miercuri, 9 decembrie 2015

Is Star Wars Battlefront a disappointment?

 So for the following days I have been reading a lot of opinions and watching a lot of reviews about the new Star Wars Battlefront. Believe me I have watched them all, all reviews from the biggest YouTube stars out there.
Below I will list the main disappointments that i saw most people have with this game along with my PERSONAL explanations. Hope you enjoy.

1.) The lack of a squad implementation system (e.g. Battlefield 4)

       I never saw this as an issue mainly because if you really want want squad based action you can always gather a group of friends, meet online and work from there. For example you can chat on Team-speak and plan your attack, point capture etc. There is no need for a squad system.

2.) Too few maps

       Well in my personal opinion the maps available at launch are sufficient for now, especially that DICE is planning DLC for this game. I can give here two examples. Firstly since the free DLC , Battle of Jakku was launched, and the new game-mode Turning Point implemented, I have only been playing that particular map, and that particular game-mode and I'm still not fed up with it. I like it, A LOT. Secondly if we think about Counter Strike Global Offensive, which had a lot of maps at launch, and since Steam Workshop was implemented the number of maps is now infinite. The most played maps are still Dust2, Inferno and Mirage.

3.) Too many game-modes

       It's always better to have more modes in order to take into account all player needs. For example I personally like playing Turning Point, Walker Assault and Blast.

4.) No single-player campaign

       Let's think for a seconds about the last Star Wars games that had a story-mode. Yeah...not good at all. I am a big Star Wars fan myself, and if I heard that a game like Star Wars Battlefront will have a single-player campaign, I would expect the very best storytelling, voice-acting, etc. Co-op survival mode is fun. It is better this way then to rush out a short story mode to disappoint all fans.

5.) Vehicles as pick-ups.

       Come on, imagine how difficult it would have been to implement these things. How big a map should have been in order to make room for vehicles, and vehicle sites.

6.) Recoil

       Blaster rifles cannot have recoil.

7.) Infinite ammo

       Yes this may be problematic to some but let us not forget there is an overheating mechanic in the game. Yes maybe they should have done something like depleting cells for blaster, but cooling down your weapon or reloading it would have take about the same amount of time.

8.) Too few heroes

       Yes at the moment there are only 6 heroes available, but let us not forget that DLC's are still coming.

These have been my personal opinion on the matter. Yes the game has it's downsides but I stand by my opinion, it is an experience , a good experience. Graphics, awesome sound design, for me it was total immersion.

Thank you for reading this post. Don't forget to share it to others!

FOR MORE INFORMATION CHECK OUT MY REVIEW OF STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu