Search this blog!

duminică, 20 decembrie 2015


SPOILER FREE REVIEW

    Ever since I pre-bought my tickets for this movie, I had a sense I was going to see something great, from the first teaser trailer to the finished product, close attention to detail, a fantastic beginning to a story that will leave us breathless. This was my thought a few months ago, and as I walked into the cinema, 135 minutes later, I was not disappointed.

    As I said this is a spoiler-free review, I am going to be talking about general aspects of the movies, not spoiling any major plot points.
   Let's start with the sound design, as always Star Wars movies have always had awesome sound design. The Force Awakens follows the same rule, the sound design is truly a work of art. Especially the roaring engines of the X-Wing, and the ion engines of the TIE Fighter.
    And let us not forget the irreplaceable intro theme with the giant Star Wars logo and the rolling text.
    Let's move on to special effects. Unlike Episodes I,II and III episode VII is not heavy on CGI effects, it mostly relies on traditional practical effects, reminiscent of episodes IV through VI. Although more hard to pull of, because the use they used these practical effects every set is more than realistic. Every inch of the screen has another story to tell, and it's all so overwhelming (but in a good way). Watching this movie in 3D was awesome, truly a very very very good experience, it has been years since I have seen a 3D movie that even comes close to this. 
    The story. The story is full of plot twists, it keeps you on the edge to the very last second. It has it's ups and downs, you laugh and you cry. It takes you through a variety of feelings couplet with the great acting. (I will go no further with the story part so as not to give any spoilers, but believe me IT IS WORTH WATCHING).
    I believe that this movie made something impossible, in my opinion all the actors had great chemistry. It's like they are perfect for each other. From the funny dialogues between Chewie and Han Solo to the chilling confrontation between Rey and Kylo Ren. The actors this a great job in making you feel part of the story, immersed in the story.
   J.J. Abrams, the directory mind behind the new (and awesome) Star Trek movies. It is impossible for such a big Sci-Fi fan to direct an awful movie, right? Well, right. He has done a great job with this movie, believe me i stood still in my seat from beginning to end (I didn't even take one sip of my soda), that's how much I liked it. It has been years since we had a good Star Wars movie. This is truly the beginning of something fabulous. All my fears have been dissipated and all my expectations have been matched. This is a movie worthy of the name Star Wars. It is a movie that wants to show us the transition from the old characters to the new ones, new heroes, new villains. And in the end it gives you hope for the next movies to come, hope that we will get the next trilogy that the original one deserved. I believe that every Star Wars movie was a milestone for a generation. Episode IV, my father's generation, the era of practical effects. Episode 1, my generation, CGI generation and now the new generation Star Wars, a fantastic combination of the previous generations. My final advice for you guys, go and see this movie, go and enjoy this movie at the cinema, the atmosphere is something spectacular (there were moments when I couldn't hear any movement in the cinema, not even a fly).

My final score for this movie is a whopping 9.7 out of 10.


Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu